Have you recently purchased land or property in Bahria Town and wondering about how to conduct a property transfer procedure in Bahria Town? We’ve got you covered! Worrying about after-purchase matters is understandable. It’s important to understand all property-related procedures to ensure a smooth and hassle-free transaction.
Bahria Town is the most sought-after housing society by investors and owners given its state-of-the-art amenities, modern infrastructure, and complete provision of basic utilities. And that’s why many individuals prioritize Bahria Town when thinking of purchasing land or property in society.
This is why we have curated a comprehensive guide on property transfer procedure in Bahria Town Rawalpindi, Lahore, Peshawar, and Karachi so you can get all your answers here. Let’s get started.
Step-by-Step Property Transfer Procedure in Bahria Town
The property transfer procedure in Bahria Town, like a plot, house, shop, apartment, or whole building, is quite easy. It’s the same for all Bahria Town projects in Lahore, Karachi, Peshawar, and Rawalpindi.
First, when the seller and buyer agree on the price, they sign a sale agreement. This can happen directly between them or through Estate/Property Dealers. The buyer pays a part of the money, called an advance or bay’ana, which is mentioned in the sale agreement. The rest of the money is paid on the date they agreed to transfer the property. Each party needs certain documents for this process.
Documents Required for Property Transfer
To ensure a smooth property transfer, you need the following essential documents:
Documents Required from Seller for Transfer of Property
- Bahria Town allotment letter or transfer receipt (in case a letter was not issued)
- Two passport-size photos of the seller
- Original CNIC of seller
- Copy of CNIC of seller
- Clearance Certificate from Bahria Town Services (for houses, apartments and shops)
- Bahria Town NDC (No Demand Certificate)
NDC stands for No Demand Certificate. This document tells you the exact amount of transfer fee and any other charges owed for a property in Bahria Town. If you’re the seller, you can get this certificate by filling out a form at the Customer Support Center.
It usually takes about 48 hours for the department to give you the NDC. So, whether you’re applying on your own or through an estate agent, make sure to apply at least two days before you plan to transfer the property. Once you have the NDC, it’s good for 15 days.
Documents Required from Buyer for Transfer of Property
- Two passport-size photos of the buyer
- Original CNIC of the buyer
- Copy of CNIC of the buyer
- Copies of CNIC of buyer’s nominee (next of kin)
- Bank deposit receipt of the transfer fee
- Bank deposit receipt of any outstanding charges
- Transfer Set
A transfer set usually costs about PKR 800 to 1000 and includes the following:
- Duly filled Bahria Town property transfer form
- CNIC copies of the seller, buyer and nominees
- Affidavit by the seller on PKR 20 stamp paper
- Undertaking by the buyer on PKR 100 stamp paper
Property Transfer Procedure in Bahria Town Rawalpindi
To complete the property transfer in Bahria Town Rawalpindi, the buyer and seller must go to the Bahria Town Rawalpindi head office or customer care center. Here are the steps they need to follow on the transfer day:
1. The buyer deposits the transfer fee at the bank counter.
2. The seller ensures that all overdue charges are cleared (if any).
3. Both parties take a token from the token machine and wait for their turn.
4. They submit all the required documents at the counter.
5. The seller signs the necessary documents before the counter person.
6. The buyer signs the required documents after the seller.
7. Both parties get photographed on the spot.
8. Two witnesses also sign the transfer papers.
9. The buyer then provides a pay order to the seller.
10. In a general transfer, the buyer gets a transfer receipt.
11. It takes about 7 to 8 days for the buyer to receive an allotment letter.
If you have any queries related to property transfer procedure in Bahria Town Rawalpindi, here are the details of the head office:
Bahria Town Islamabad: Head Office/Customer Support Centre
Address: Bahria Complex, Phase 8, Bahria Town, Rawalpindi
Contact: 051-111 333 888
Property Transfer Procedure in Bahria Town Lahore
The property transfer procedure in Bahria Town Lahore is a bit complicated as it requires several NOCs and documents. The seller must have a valid allotment letter to be able to transfer the property to the buyer.
The four NOCs required for property transfer are:
The building NOC is issued by Bahria Orchard’s corporate office. To get this, you need to provide
- Yellow papers
- Allotment letter
- Possession letter
- CNIC copy of the owner
- Rs. 5,000 fee
When you apply for this building NOC, a site inspector of Bahria Town will visit the property and check if it meets the quality criteria set by Bahria Town. The NOC is issued after 15 days of application.
To obtain the no demand certificate, you need to provide
- Yellow papers
- Allotment letter
- Possession letter
- CNIC copy of the owner
This NDC document mentions the buyer and seller’s tax liabilities and the validity dates to transfer the property. The document is valid for 15 days, and if it expires, you need to pay a
The Excise NOC verifies whether you have cleared your last financial year’s taxes. It is issued on the very next day of your application.
The Billing NOC is obtained from the Alfalah Building of Main Bahria Town Lahore. It verifies if you have cleared all your bills, including electricity, Sui gas, PTCL, and service charges. This document is valid for 15 days and is either issued from the 1st to the 15th or the 16th to the 30th of the month.
If you have any queries related to the property transfer procedure in Bahria Town Lahore, here are the details of the head office:
Bahria Town Lahore: Customer Support Centre/ Site Office
Address: Bahria Orchard, Main Raiwind Road, Lahore
Contact: 042 111 333 888 Property Transfer Procedure in Bahria Town Karachi
Property Transfer Procedure in Bahria Town Karachi
To complete the property transfer in Bahria Town Karachi, the buyer and seller must go to the Bahria Town Karachi head office or customer care center. Here are the steps they need to follow on the transfer day:
- A Sale Agreement is signed between the buyer and seller, usually in the presence of estate agents who facilitated the deal. This agreement outlines the total sale price, Biyana (Advance Payment), and the balance amount, and specifies the date by which the plot is to be transferred.
- The seller applies for the No Demand Certificate (NDC) at least 24 hours before the transfer date at the Bahria Customer Support Center, also known as Bahria Head Office (located in Safari Valley, Phase 8). The NDC is issued within 24 hours and contains information about the transfer fee and any overdue charges against the property.
- The NDC is applied for using a simple form available at the Customer Support Center. This form includes property particulars such as plot number, phase, and registration number. The owner signs the NDC, attaches copies of their CNIC and allotment letter, and submits the application. Once issued, the NDC is valid for 15 days.
- A day or two before the transfer date, the seller or their estate agent prepares the Transfer Set, which typically costs Rs. 500 to 800. The buyer also prepares a Pay Order for the balance amount during this time.
- On the day of transfer, both parties visit Bahria Head Office. The buyer pays the transfer fee at the UBL counter, while the seller pays any overdue charges, if applicable. Both parties take a token from the machine and wait for their turn. At this stage, both the seller and buyer, along with two witnesses, sign the transfer papers. The buyer then provides the Pay Order to the seller.
If you have any queries related to the property transfer procedure in Bahria Town Karachi, here are the details of the head office:
Bahria Town Karachi: Customer Support Centre
Address: Bahria Town, Super Highway, Karachi.
Contact: 021-36161555 | 021-38636936
Property Transfer Procedure in Bahria Town Peshawar
To complete the property transfer in Bahria Town Peshawar, the buyer and seller must go to the Bahria Town Peshawar head office or customer care center. Here are the steps they need to follow on the transfer day:
- The buyer deposits the transfer fee at the bank counter.
- The seller ensures that any overdue charges are cleared.
- Both parties obtain a token from the token machine and await their turn.
- They submit all the necessary documents at the counter.
- The seller signs the required documents in front of the counter person.
- The buyer signs the necessary documents after the seller.
- Both parties get photographed on the spot.
- Two witnesses sign the transfer papers.
- The buyer provides a pay order to the seller.
- In a general transfer, the buyer receives a transfer receipt.
- The buyer takes about 7 to 8 days to receive an allotment letter.
If you have any queries related to the property transfer procedure in Bahria Town Peshawar, here are the details of the head office:
Bahria Town Peshawar: Customer Support Centre
Address: Bahria Town Head Office, Tehkal, Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Important Things to Consider in the Property Transfer Procedure in Bahria Town
When transferring property in Bahria Town, it’s crucial to consider the following key aspects. Considering these factors ensures a smooth and efficient property transfer process in Bahria Town.
Presence of Buyer and Seller
The seller must be present during the property transfer. However, the rules for the buyer can vary. If the buyer cannot be present, they can appoint a representative with a valid Authority Letter, either on plain paper or stamped with Rs.20, especially if the buyer is abroad. The Authority Letter needs verification by the Pakistan Embassy.
Application Form for Transfer
Complete the application form for the Transfer of Registration Fee. This form is essential for adding the No Demand Certificate (NDC) and the initial customer copy of the Booking Form. Copies of CNIC for the buyer, seller, and nominee, along with their recent photographs, are also required.
Obtaining ‘Transfer of Registration Title’ Document
After submitting the necessary documents, Bahria Town will transfer the property to the claimant’s name, including associated liabilities, deposits, and rights as outlined in the Terms and Conditions. It’s crucial to note that this transfer specifically pertains to registration, and actual plot/home/apartment transfers will be allotted shortly. The representative or their heirs must address any document discrepancies or outstanding payments.
Bahria Town Customer Care Centers
These centers serve as customer contact points, addressing inquiries promptly and responsively. Good customer service is key to maintaining lasting relationships. The Customer Care Centers adhere to acceptable standards and employ technology for efficient service. They operate throughout the year to handle customer inquiries. It’s important to note that not all transfers are conducted at the same office.
The Bottom Line
Transferring a house in Bahria Town Lahore requires several documents and NOCS, including the Building NOC, NDC Document, Excise NOC, and Billing NOC. Following the complete property transfer procedure in Bahria Town without any hassle is essential. We hope this blog has provided you with a comprehensive guide on the property transfer procedure in Bahria Town Rawalpindi, Lahore, and Karachi.
How do I transfer property in Bahria Town?
When sellers and buyers reach a price agreement, they sign a sale agreement, facilitated either directly or through Estate/Property Dealers. The buyer pays an advance (bay’ana) specified in the agreement, with the remainder due on the agreed property transfer date.
What is NDC in Bahria Town?
NDC stands for No Demand Certificate. It contains the exact amount of the transfer fee along with any other outstanding charges against the property in Bahria Town.
How can I transfer ownership of property in Islamabad?
To transfer property ownership in Islamabad, complete the sale agreement, pay the agreed amount, and ensure all necessary documents are submitted to the relevant authorities.
What are the construction rules in Bahria Town?
The rules include incorporating aluminum frames for windows on the front façade with glass, floor finishes set at 2 feet above load level, building height of 30 feet, porch level at 9 inches, and a porch depth ranging from a minimum of 12 feet to a maximum of 380 sq ft area.
What is the transfer fee for property in Pakistan?
Property ownership transfers in Pakistan incur a 3% stamp duty, a 2% Capital Value Tax (CVT), and a 1% District Council Fee per real estate regulations.